Search This Blog

Saturday, December 13, 2014

My Childhood Anime

I have grew up on watching anime and I just might never forget them, so here's a little list of the old and perhaps unknown or forgotten anime:

 Akachan to Boku (Eng: Baby and Me/ Ar: ana wa akhi) (1996)



One of my favorite childhood animes is Akachan to Boku. This anime is basically about a boy who looks after his little brother. This anime focuses on the older brother and how he manages to overcome the little hassles of life after his mother passed away. It is a very loving and sweet anime that just leaves you content and happy after you watch it. It also has its funny moments, like whenever his bushy browed friend comes in and does his trade dance. To this day I would watch this anime whenever it is on t.v.

Princess Sarah ( Ar: Sally) (1985)


I found this anime really depressing. The anime takes place somewhere in France. The anime starts with rich and high class Sarah who joins a little boarding school because her father is away on a business trip to India. Everything goes downhill once news of her father's death arrives to the school. Sarah's status is immediately dropped from a student to a maid in the school (letterly). Her character is very soft and gentle, not something I like, but she always maintanes her dignity and pride which is something I respect. She goes through a lot of strife and humiliation from her former peers and superiors but her kindness prevails in the end.

Dai no Daibouken (Eng: Dragon Quest/ Ar: Dai Alshoja') (1991)


It is a typical epic action/ adventure anime. It is about Dai and his group of friends who try to defeat this evil lord. This anime teaches bravery and friendship.

Chibi Maruko-chan (Eng: Little maruko/ Ar: Maroko) (1990)



This anime I have actually rewatched with my older sister recently. It was one of those shows that I would sit and wait to see in front of the t.v. This anime tells the story of  a little Japanese girl named Maruko and her hilarious life at home with her family and at school with her classmates. I easily related to Maruko because I had an older sister like her, and like everyone I hated waking up in the morning and procrastinated my homework. She's adorable and fun to watch.

Romio no Aoi Sora (Eng: Romeo's Blue Sky/ Ar: عهد الاصدقاء) ( yr. 1995)



Another favorite of mine. This anime takes place in England back when the chimney sweep children were legal. The lead character is Romio (The brunette) and he gets basically sold to this man to pay off the damage of the farm's fire. The man holds a little chimney sweep business and Romeo starts working for him along with many other children. His friendship grows with Alfredo (blonde boy in the picture), his sister Bianca, and several other characters. Together they go through the harsh realities of life and eventually manage to escape the cruel job of a chimney sweep. I originally thought this was an anime of Romeo and Juliette as a child, but of course, that is not the case. I really love this anime, and the drama it has.



Hope you had the chance to watch at least one of these classics. If not, I hope you can manage to find them.

No comments:

Post a Comment